Supports for Success
We directly assist participants with:
- creating a detailed goal plan
- obtaining a credit report to work on improving their credit
- creating a monthly budget to increase knowledge of money management
- creating, updating, and maintaining a current professional resume to improve success in obtaining employment opportunities
- finding adequate affordable housing options
- finding employment or better employment opportunities.
Families access the services of Supports for Success through the Supports Specialist, who can be reached at 412-436-9537 or by completing this Interest Form. The Supports Specialist then provides links to appropriate services based on the individual needs of each family.
Supports for Success is funded in whole or in part under the Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) from the Federal Department of Health and Human Services under the administration of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Department of Community and Economic Development. Allegheny County Department of Human Services is the local agency which makes the CSBG funding award.
Supports for Success 2020 Results
- 27 participants served
- 73.3% (11 out of 15) of participants who identfied a savings goal increased their savings.
- 70.6% (12 out of 17) of participants who identified a goal to improve their credit score, increased their credit score.
- 73.7% (14 out of 19) of participants increased their financial well-being.
- 80% (16 out of 20) of participants obtained and/or maintained safe and affordable housing.
- 71.4% (10 out of 14) of participants obtained and/or maintained employment with a living wage or higher.
- 73.7% (14 out of 19) of participants obtained and/or maintained employment for 90 days.